Avocado, Corn and Tomato Salad
This recipe is refreshing and tasty in the summer. It is great as is, or you can serve alongside grilled chicken or shrimp for a complete meal.
- 3 ears cooked corn
- 2 avocados, cut into cubes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the ears of corn in a pot of boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Once cooked, cool the corn by running under cold water, or a bowl of ice, and then putting in refrigerator to ensure cold.
- Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes in a large bowl. Mix together the dressing ingredients in another bowl, pour over the salad, and gently toss to mix. Can eat immediately, or chill salad for an hour or two to let flavors blend.