I saw these spray roses at the grocery store and couldn’t resist! They have a light pink ombre appearance, fading into white on the edges – just gorgeous! Paired with a lime green hydrangea made for a stunning arrangement, it looked very bridal!
This is one of my favorite recipes.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 medium artichokes
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium Dutch oven, combine the oil, lemon juice, onion, thyme, garlic, ¼ cup water, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Trim the top and bottom of each artichoke. Using scissors, snip the tip off each leaf. Cut the artichokes into quarters and scoop out the fuzzy chokes.
- Toss the artichokes in the oil mixture. Cover, transfer to oven, and cook until tender, about 45 minutes. Divide among individual plates and spoon the cooking liquid over the top.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.