I thought long and hard about this one for my Husband’s birthday, and settled on two things he loves: whiskey and literature. Now to find a way to make it tie together with beautiful packaging and sentiment.
- Whiskey Bottle: Select a cool bottle of your man’s favorite Whiskey. I used this simple, medicinal looking bottle of local Bourbon Whiskey from Kings County Distillery. You can always choose another type of alcohol if he’s not a Whiskey man. A flat shaped bottled is best for tying it all together.
- Book: Is there a book that is meaningful to the two of you? Maybe even a collectors edition if you can find it! I loved the intricate foil-stamped cover design of this version of Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. The elongated shape would work perfect under the bottle. Barnes and Noble carries a beautiful Collective Editions set of other book titles following this gorgeous design.
- Twine: A spool of twine or hemp can be found at your local craft store.
- Wax Seal: To create the seal, you will need a stamp and wax. There are tons of emblems and wax colors to choose from, pick one that represents you and your partner. I chose a classic set using our last name initial “C” and the color red, found it at Nostalgic Impressions.
“My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
my love as deep;
the more I give to thee,
the more I have,
for both are infinite.”
Romeo and Juliet, William Shakespeare
To wrap up the package, unravel the twine along a table, and place the book on top, followed by the bottle. Isn’t it cool how the book cover peeps through the glass bottle! Wrap the twine around the items a few times and tie it in a knot.
- Light the taper of the wax candle and hold it at an angle. Let the melted wax drip from about 2 inches above the surface until the drops of wax form a 1 inch circle.
- Blow out the candle and stamp in the seal.
- Keep it pressed for approximately 1 minute to get a perfect seal.
Voila! The perfect gift for the man in your life.